WE VALUE OUR CLIENTS
We may change this policy in future by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 17/08/2023.
Personal Information We Collect
Personal information is any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data which has been anonymised. We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Contact information: Name, current and previous addresses (including postal, email and IP addresses) and telephone numbers.
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or
similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Financial Data: includes information on your financial circumstances, the lenders or financial institutions used by you, the financial products you have taken out and the details and status of those financial products.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products, and services. This may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency, and pattern of your service use. The source of the usage data is our analytics tracking system.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Special Category Data: We will only process special category data where you have provided this to us and given your explicit consent to store it or we have a legal/regulatory obligation to. This includes race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data.
This list may not include all the information we require when providing our service/s. The information we ask you for will relate to your specific enquiry and will only consist of the information we need to carry out our service. If you contact us other than via our website, we may keep a record of that correspondence and a copy of call recordings.
Method of collection
- Direct interactions: By you filling in forms on our website or social media or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise.
- Third parties or public sources: We may receive information about you from various reputable third-party lead providers, from our regulators, your lenders or from publicly available data.
- Credit reference agencies: We may obtain information from credit reference agencies by carrying out a soft credit search to verify your finance details. This will not affect your credit score in any way.
- We will always inform you where we have obtained your information from if requested by you.
The basis on which we process your information.The legal grounds for processing your personal information depend upon the nature of our relationship with you and the context of processing and are as follows:
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, or to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you.
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of your legitimate interests or our legitimate interests, where your fundamental rights and interests do not override those interests. To determine this, we shall undertake a Legitimate Interests Assessment and balancing test.
- Processing is necessary for compliance with mandatory legal or regulatory obligations to which we are subject.
- Processing is undertaken after you have given us your express consent.
What we use your personal information for
|We collect/store or use your information to…
|Provide the service you have requested
|Send to our partner claims management companies, solicitors or law firms
|Send to our service provider/contractor partners
|Contract and/or Legitimate Interests
|Send you information or marketing about our products and services
|Legitimate Interests and/or Consent
|Provide annual statistics to our regulator
|Resolve complaints against us or the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims
|Legitimate Interests and/or Legal Obligation
|Gather feedback to enable us to improve our website, products and services
|Verify your identity where we receive requests to access or change the information we hold about you
|Maintain our accounts and records
|Comply with legal and regulatory obligations
|Research and analyse trends to better understand how users are using our website and services in order to improve them
|Inform you about changes in our services and important service related notices, such as security and fraud issues
|Maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, or obtaining professional advice
|Legitimate Interests and/or Legal Obligation
How long do we keep your personal informationWe retain your information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was originally obtained. We have some legal and regulatory obligations to hold certain pieces of information for specific timeframes for example, we are required to keep a copy of telephone call recordings for a period of 12 months after our last contact with you. Where we have provided a service to you, we will hold all information relevant to this for 6 years to enable us to defend any claims/complaints made about our service. Information relating to any complaints will be held for a further 3 years. We also need to keep some of your information for our accounting and reporting requirements. Your contact details will be held for the purposes of direct marketing for a minimum of 12 months, this is to enable us to let you know about new products or services that may be of interest to you as detailed above.
You have the following rights in accordance with the GDPR and the DPA:
- To know that your data is being processed
- To access your personal data free of charge
- To have your information corrected if inaccurate (Including ensuring any third party puts right any inaccuracy)
- To request that your data be erased
- To restrict processing
- To request transfer of your data
- To object to processing and;
- To rights relating to automated decision making and profiling
You may request that we to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Where you send us a request to access your data, this will usually be free of change and sent to you within one month (unless your request is complex). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity before we are able to process your request. We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law. You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We may use automated decision making in our claims process and/or profiling in order to send you targeted marketing. You have the right to access details of the information we used to create your profile and the right to object to profiling, including profiling for marketing purposes. We do not use automated decision making which would produce legal or significant effects on individuals. If at any point you wish to raise a complaint regarding our data handling then you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) the supervisory authority for data protection issues in the UK whose information is available at www.ico.org.uk. However, we would appreciate to opportunity to deal with any concerns directly with you in the first instance.
SecurityMy Legal Claims Ltd recognise the personal nature of the information we collect, process and store. As we are committed to ensuring that your information is secure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to prevent loss, unauthorised access, misuse or disclosure and to make sure that your information is safe and secure. If password access is required for certain parts of our website/application, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Links to other websitesOur website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which may be collected or you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
General and Opt out
Telephone: 0161 528 5001
Write to us at: My Legal Claims Ltd, Demmings House, Cheadle, Stockport, SK8 2PN